Thursday, August 19, 2010

There 's something strange in the neighbourhood.......

And I thought; the only thing that could scare me was Genelia’s superficial acting skills but I guess there are few other things that scare me on thunderous, stormy nights. For one, I think my house is bombarded with a lot of spirits; especially from the times I have started to live alone. Perhaps, earlier as well the spirits lurked somewhere outside my house but were too afraid to enter a house which was always under the influence of GE’s tiger printed, polka dotted underwears and not to forget GA’s dead-rat-smelling socks and NGs morning-farts. These things can break any jinx or shoo away any spirit in the proximity of 50kms of my house.

Anyways, now, its like, a spirit hides in every object placed in my house like the one in the tap! It just doesn’t quit hissing. I know it might be an air lock but it’s always like this; even when its throwing water, it is hissing. The bathroom door seems like it has a life of its own. No matter how many times I lock it, it swings open and then makes scary, creaking sounds night long. Stubborn spirits!

There are like as many doors and windows as Ali-baba’s 40 thieves, in my house. Every night I have to go on an expedition shutting them and checking them. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with sweat dripping down my face, fearing if I had forgotten to lock the door that leads to the terrace or to another sound of a banging window.

And only if these moments were not enough to make one pee in his bed, something very weird and very paranormal happens occasionally. Unlock the front door, go outside, look around, take-in a whiff of fresh air, look at your neighbor’s daughter, come inside, shut the door, switch on the lights, turn around reach for the TV remote and door bell rings. You venture out, look around, you find no one. You take a look again at your neighbor’s daughter, bang the door and try the lights again the door bell fails to ring. It happens only at the times when you are least expecting it, the phenomena happens. I sometimes imagine what if the bell had to ring in the middle of the night and no one was found outside. Scary na? ***Ghost Laughs***

Sometimes, what happens in the middle of the night is that even without a power cut the fan in my room halts on its own and starts-up again after sometime. There is no one to reach the switch and put it off for me and I have no idea how it goes off on its own. The weird part is, it gets switched on without assistance. It happens all night long; while I sleep peacefully listening to the various sounds emerging from the outdoors; like the sound of the numerous lizards or the sounds on the multiple terraces that I have a view of from my bedroom window or the weird noises that come from the hall down below while I keep wondering and expecting; when a dark figure in a black cloak would climb up the staircase to my bedroom and stand at its entrance, sometime in the middle of the night. 
Sends chill down your spine? I made that one up :P

Anywyas, how are you people doing nowadays? Long time no see! A big “hi” to people living or dead. Now!! That would be an appropriate way of salutation, won’t it?

To all the dead people and Genelia the comments section is not for you and in no way reading this space stands as an invite for you to haunt my house. Now run along, Go away!!

On the I pod- Ghostbusters

2 comments:

Elivia said...

I won't be surprised if Ram Gopal Verma steals your spooky ideas :P

skullz said...

@ Elivia Yes, he is in need of some to save his drowning career :P